Monday 26 October 2009

Sydney to Canberra

Sean and I in the city.

Sean's 109r.



My first night camping in Canberra.

Tuesday 20 October.
Left Sydney about 10 am and it finally felt like I had started the trip. After refuelling at the Crossroads in Liverpool, I was on my way to Canberra on the Hume Hwy.
I'm not sure what the temperature was exactly but it had to have been in the high twenties even low thirties. Cruising at 110-120 km/h in the hot wind was not ideal.
One stop over in between in Goulbourn and I made it to the Capital at around 1.30 pm where I set up camp at the Canberra Motor Village.
I met up with Sean, whom I've been in contact with throught the HU Canberra Community and got together for a few drinks in the city.
Sean has lived in Canberra for a couple of years and works in the finance department of the ACT government. He rides a beatiful Suzuki M109r that made my bike look like a toy bike when parked next to each other.
Sean, you were really good company and thanks for sparing me the boring evening by my self at the camping site!

1 comment: