Friday 30 October 2009

From Stanley to Arthur River and Tasmania's Rugged West Coast

Coming down on the Chairlift from The Nut.
My 3 year old son wanted me to pack his car toy to take with me. I thought it was a good Omen...

View of Stanley from The Nut.


The port at Stanley.
Tuesday 27 October
After a quick breakfast and a ride around town to take some more photos and film, I headed towards Arthur River on Tasmania's Rugged North West Coast.
On my way there I rode through the town of Smithton where I refueled. The ride there was very pleasant one through the green country side with plenty of dairy farms around and some of the greenest grasses I've ever seen.
Another stop at the Tarkine Forest Adventures for lunch and a slide and walk through the sink hole. The slide is this "Slippery Slide" thingy that takes you all the way down to the bottom of the sink hole where you begin your walk.
Reached Arthur River around 3.00 pm where I set up camp in the local camping ground after getting some essentials for the celebratory dinner. Today's my 42nd birthday and for the first time in my life I am going to spend it completely alone, by myself with a couple of JD's & Coke and listening to Leon Gieco in my iPod. Ahhh life does not get much better than this!!!
Although I know I am going to be in trouble with Anni cos I can't ring the kids so they can say happy birthday! No mobile reception here....

No comments:

Post a Comment