Monday 26 October 2009

Canberra to Wodonga

Parliament House.



I had to stop and take a photo of this one!

Wednesday 21 October.
Set the alarm in my phone to 7.30 am as I had to check out of the camping site by 10.00 am.
Packed the gear up and set off for a quick ride to the city again and Parliament House before leaving for Albury, my next overnight stop.
The conditions where a lot cooler this morning with overcast skies. I even though, I may get my first wet ride of the trip earlier than expected. It didn't last very long, by 1.00 o'clock the clouds where gone and the sun was piercing through again.
The Hume highway all the way to Wodonga was deadly boring and I kept saying to myself why? Why? Didn’t I take the route down the coast to Melbourne?
The highlight of the ride had to be the HMAS Otway in Holbrook. As the sign explains, it was donated to the town when it was decommissioned.
At the local council meeting a few years ago I think it went a little like this....."Mmmmm what can we do to put Holbrook on the map?......I know, we'll bury a sub in the kid's playground at the local park!!!
It's a brilliant idea, before they put it there; you would've not even slowed down past the little town......now? Wowww....brakes....got a take a photo of that!!!!! And we might as well stop and buy some snacks while we're here too....

I reached Wodonga that afternoon and went straight to the camping ground. Set up the tent, quick shower, dinner and off to bed.
I was bugged...

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday dad.
    i like the submarine.

    from cruz and mateo

    ReplyDelete