Thursday 19 November 2009

Stuck in Triabunna

I spent the day drinking plenty of water and watching telie...

Tuesday 3 November.
I woke up this morning and as I bent down to put my boots on, I nearly hit the deck as the whole room started spinning around....
At first I didn't think much of it but after I got up, it progressively got worst. I think all the walking around Port Arthur the previous day in my heavy motorcycle gear and not enough drinking of water had really caught up with me and I was dehydrated.
Last night when I arrived at the local caravan park and asked for a tent site, I was offered for an extra few bucks to stay in their shared backpacker's cabin, which meant not only not having to pitch the tent but also a bed and a TV in the kitchen area. As it turned out, it was Melbourne Cup Day, and outside the weather was really crap.
Rain & wind where going sideways (first day of rain in this trip) and as I looked out the window feeling really dizzy I said to myself..." Yep, I am really sick today".... and decided to stay put.
Drinking plenty of water I watched Corey Brown riding "Shocking" win the Race that stops the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment