Thursday 19 November 2009

Tarraleah to Hobart

Annisa's fav photo pose...

We rode to Southport to the southernmost point you can get to in Tassie on seal roads.



The famous Salamanca Markets.

Annisa & Karsten. Cool People!


Elizabeth St Pier.

Hobart's Waterfront.

Friday 30 October.
Made it to New Norfolk, just outside Hobart, by lunch time with rain drops starting to fall on my visor for the first time since leaving the NSW Central Coast on the 19th October. I called my HU contact as agreed so that we could meet up that afternoon and after spending a few hours updating my blog at the Bridgewater McDonald's I rode to their house in Hobart.
Karsten & Anissa were my host for the following weekend showing me around the place and having cappuccinos in soup bowls. They do! Here in Hobart you can order a bowl sized cappuccino that you have to hold with two hands in order to drink it as there's no handle on it.
Kartsen, a Rock band guitarist & Ale Connoisseur, migrated from Germany about three years ago to take up a position as an Academic in Geochemistry at the University of Tasmania with Anissa, a Chemist, following him three months later and currently working at the Cadbury chocolate manufacturer. And yes, she does love chocolate, and no she did not get me any!!!
They break the mould when it comes to motorcycling as it is Anissa who is the motorcycle rider with Karsten happy to tag along as a pillion. She took me for a ride along the loop road that takes you from the City through Kingston down to Margate and Huonville then south all the way Southport, the southernmost point you can ride on seal roads in Tasmania.
It was a great afternoon of enjoyable riding with easy long sweeping bends that just kept coming one after the next, again and again and again....
Karsten & Anissa were extremely fun people to hang around with and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their hospitality and generosity in having me for the weekend.
The most enjoyable aspect of my stay with them was the long chats after dinner and breakfast over a glass of good Tasmanian wine or coffee we had at their house. As I rode away on Sunday afternoon from their house to make my way towards Port Arthur I left behind two very special new friends that I hope I'll be able to see again in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment