Thursday 19 November 2009

Sydney to the Central Coast.

Sunday 8 November.
After nearly 20 days riding my bike south to Victoria then Tasmania and all the way back to NSW in near perfect weather I woke up this morning for my last hour of riding to my place and my kids in the Central Coast with clouds looming and the skies about to open up....and ofcourse it did!
I could not believe it! Although lightly, it rain all the way from Sydney to Gosford....at least I can say the gear stood up to the test! Specially the "Rainoff" over gloves.
All in all, I could not have asked for a better trip though. I got to do my first ever motorcycle trip in arguably Australia's best twisting roads.
The bike? it did not miss a beat and apart from the little petrol incident (Not the bikes fault ofcourse!) all I had to do was turn the key each morning and it would be ready to go with me on my little adventure.
I am extremely lucky I can do something like this and I hope that I can continue to do it for a long time yet and into much more faraway places. It is such a beautiful thing to get up each morning, jump on a motorcycle and ride somewhere, anywhere!
I've travelled around Australia by car and campervans and although travelling is always enjoyable, when you travel by car, you're just another tourist and locals just want your money.
It didn't matter how big or small the town was where I stopped in for petrol, lunch or for the night. Every time somebody would want to start a conversation....Which way you're heading?.....where're you riding from?.....what kind of bike is that?
In Lois Pryce's book "Lois on the Loose " she quotes someone else saying something along the lines of....."Travelling by car is like watching a movie but, travelling on a motorcycle is like being in a movie"....and I think I could not have come up with that myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment