Thursday 19 November 2009

Back in Melbourne

Thursday 5 November.
I boarded the ferry this morning for the crossing back to Melbourne at around 8.30 am. And in contrast with my crossing into Devonport ten days earlier, where there would have been at least thirty or forty other motorcycles, I was the only one...being a weekday the boat was not as crowded.
The trip itself was a very smooth crossing and I spent the nine hour journey catching up on some reading. I disembarked in Melbourne at around 6.45 pm and made my way to Ralph & Mary Ann who had insisted I come back and stay with them on my way back before continuing the following morning on my way home.
They were organizing an architectural presentation at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) and asked me to go straight there from the ferry terminal.
When I got there, Ralph came out to meet me and after asking how my Tasmanian adventure had gone he said, we’ve been invited to a "Venezuelan Night" tomorrow night in town! Why don't you stay an extra night and come with us?
I said, Mmmmm....I really want to be home by Sunday....then Ralph outed the magic words.... there'll be a selection of Argentinean & Chilean wines to try.....
What can I say....? I am human after all....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment